OR…you sign into your laptop to start working at 9am on a Monday only to realize you had saved a dentist appointment in your Outlook calendar that was scheduled for 8:30am. No Bueno. I’ve been there. I use multiple planning tools now, but there’s something special about my paper planners that really keep me on track. There’s just something about writing things down (the reason we had to write our spelling words 5 times each for homework in elementary school) that helps commit them to memory.
I’ve heard from a few of you that finding the right life planner is turning out to be a serious struggle. I know what you’re going through because I was just as frustrated as you not too long ago. I started posting tweets on Twitter and texting around asking for suggestions. It quickly became apparent to me that most of you couldn’t answer because you had that same question for me.
It was time for some serious research with the help of Pinterest and YouTube.
The second planner I used this year is and will continue to be an AWESOME planner (check it out HERE)! Please know that I’m not just saying that, either. I really do like this planner from a content and quality standpoint and may actually give one away as a gift. The planning pages in the beginning of the planner and the ample space for notes at the back of the planner are phenomenal. My needs changed, though, and my preference is to have a daily view for what lies ahead.
I find that it’s not abnormal for busy moms to switch planners over time so please don’t feel any type of way about looking for something different while still loving your current planner. I’m willing to bet that those who design planners completely understand that the needs of their customers will change over time.
Okay…now for the question many of you have had since the last post about my new planner that I was so excited to receive…
SO WHAT DO I THINK OF THE HAPPINESS PLANNER?
Let’s start with the HITS!
- Killer Content! - This planner’s prep for the new year focuses SOLELY on what makes YOU happy! That’s it! There is no talk about business or projects or any of the other stuff that we know we need, but that simply can’t really happen successfully without a solid foundation. We need to be sure we’re focusing on things that make us happy, not just standard tasks and goals we feel an obligation to tackle.
- Daily View Pages - These are probably the best daily view pages I’ve seen in a long time. They start with a section for “Today I’m Excited About” and end with a section for “What I Hope for Tomorrow.” Talk about focusing on what makes you happy! Nothing but positive vibes each and every single day. There’s also plenty of space to write your schedule, to-dos, and they even managed to include space for tracking/plannning your exercise and meals.
- Bonuses - I like that you get more than a planner. They gave it some serious thought and included a pen, paper clips, and a wonderful matching box.
- Printables - Let me start by clarifying this one. I LOVE the idea of providing extras, but these particular printables would have been great if they were included in the planner. I know it’s already a thick planner, but what’s a few more pages?
- Product Quality - This is a big one for me because I believe you should really get what you pay for. The quality doesn’t quite live up to the price. I would prefer a continuous ring for the binding and the tabs are rather flimsy. A simple laminate coating of some sort would be great as I don’t see some of these tabs staying intact for more than a few months.
I shared this blog post on Twitter shortly after it was published and here's the almost-immediate feedback:
A HIT for sure and I’ll be waiting patiently to see how the 2018 version is designed. I’m hoping the feedback is received and they can make a couple of minor tweaks to make this planner even better than it already is.
Have you found a planner that you can’t stop raving about? Share it with us in the Comment section below. And before you go, don’t forget to sign up for the weekly newsletter (click HERE) where I share work-from-home tips and hand-picked job opportunities. I’m a Recruiter and certified HR professional so y'all know I’m not sending any random jobs your way. :)
Until next time, wishing you continued success!
What do I love most? The ample space to capture nothing but greatness! It has been pretty impossible to start or end my day on a low note. There is so much to be grateful for each and every day and this planner consistently reminds you of that.
Do I still recommend it? ABSOLUTELY!!
I just completed my January Reflection and there's a major improvement! Moving on to plan for a solid February. Feel free to drop me a note once you've ordered your planner. Would love to set up a small accountability group.
I have bumped into a bit of an issue with email customer service, though, so that's a bit concerning. It took multiple emails to receive a response. That's something that definitely needs to be addressed as I noticed a comment from another customer with the same concern. Just an FYI.
Again...great content in the planner and it continues to be a favorite.