Let me start by saying that I’ve been shopping for a white desk for quite some time now…long before this recent move to the new house. I was totally ready to transition from my previous brown L-shaped desk that completely lacked storage space.
I knew I wanted/needed:
- A white desk. I was getting pretty sick of the brown and wanted the new office setup to be bright.
- Storage. Storage. Storage. For some strange reason I thought I’d be okay without it when I purchased the previous desk, but I’m not sure of what I was thinking at all.
- Ease of assembly. I have several projects in the new home and spending several hours assembling a desk simply wasn’t high on the list of things to do.
- Free shipping. I’m one of those spoiled Amazon Prime customers who simply can’t bring myself to pay for shipping.
So where shall I start?
It Takes Two
I have had many packages delivered to my home over the years and I must say that these boxes (yes, it ships in three boxes) were the heaviest boxes I’ve ever had to bring in off of my front porch. I enlisted the help of my teenager’s friends and even they were struggling. They made it to the front room (the future adult/coffee/beverage room) and it was up to me to drag them to my office in the back of the house.
The three boxes you receive will include the credenza, the bridge table, and the hutch. Each item took hours for me to assemble, so this project took approximately three days to complete since I’m a busy mom with a long list of competing priorities. In addition to it taking two to bring it into the house, I would highly suggest you get assistance with the assembly. You will absolutely need it when it comes to attaching the hutch.
I have assembled many home office desks in my life and while this one was the most time-consuming and provided the most strenuous workout, I must say that this is absolutely the strongest, sturdiest, and most solid home office desk I have ever seen. Solid!
In addition to this being worth every penny because of the quality, the storage space is awesome! It is exactly what I recall having when I worked on-site for my previous employer. Totally not what I expected in a home office desk at all. The concealed storage and slots are the absolute best! Can you tell I'm not accustomed to this type of storage in my home office? :)
There are just a few things I’d love to change.
- I’d love an all-white option as there’s a bit too much grey for me. Not a big deal since I'm certain this can be changed on my end.
- There were a few instructions that could have been clearer or in a different order. Again, please don’t try to assemble this item alone…especially the hutch. You absolutely need assistance.
- The fabric pin board fell within 24 hrs. I haven't decided if I'm going to use sturdier tape or go another route yet, so stay tuned for more on that in a later post.
Would I buy it again?